Sunday, December 13, 2009

London; part 2

SATURDAY we ventured over to porabello road and Abigail and I make a fabulous shopping pair! She got a crepe, we walked 'down' the road, looked at plenty of cute things, I kept trying to find a replacement puzzle ring for the one that my mom had given me, and I managed to lose it. But there was no success in that department. We did find a really cute store called Octopus and spent the majority of our money there. We also lost everyone else from the group, but went to another store called Accessorize and Abi got Christmas gifts for her friends.
Then we went back to the meeting place but no one was there, and we walked back down the street attempting to look for any signs of our family, who all managed to wear black, awesome. Then Abigail saw Katie and we said that we would meet back in the cupcake line in about 30ish minutes. The cupcakes, well not as good as Katie said they would be.
After dinner etc, I packed all of my things up and headed to bed.

MONDAY bright and early, (it was still dark) Zach and I went to catch a scheduled Taxi to take us to the train station, but it was pouring rain and we took a wrong turn to get to the cab stand, but ended up finding it! Zach and I said our goodbyes and I took a train to the airport, checked in, got coffee, went through security looked at the duty free items and only bought post cards, and spent ALL my pounds! so proud :)
The flight was not as comfortable as on the way back, due to the lack of sibling comfort :( Then I had to kill a few hours in the San Francisco air port because we didn't know how close to cut it with the timing of customs and the next flight. Well customs only took about 15 min and the 4 hours of waiting for my flight, so I slept for 3 hours of it on a bench. I later found out that Caitlin (I visited her in Oregon) had been in the SAME terminal at the SAME time, on her way back to school, but I failed to even think to call her, (I blame jet lag).
My dad picked me up at the fabulous Reno airport (my favorite airport in the world, no joke) along with Bill Brown, a family friend. My bag on the other had, went to Florida? Not sure, why or how that happened, but it got delivered to the house the next morning regardless. It did smell like cigarette smoke and the handle was broken but shit happens, no need to cry over spilt milk.

Here are the some of the black and white photos I took...




No comments: