Saturday, November 7, 2009

So I think that the last time that I posted was finals from Denver.
Its now November 6th... Geeze, can I say sorry?


Summer:
it went by so quickly! Nikolai broke up with me, so i kept myself busy and worked 2 jobs.
One job was at Del Sol, "where everything changes color in the sun, WOW!" it was lots of fun there especially when I would tell little kids that they were doing magic hehe!
My other job was at the fabulous Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (mmm runs in the family?). I was an attendee at the climbing wall. Which actually was a trailer version that was self belaying and all we had to do was pop it up in the morning, clip kids into their harnesses and helmets and onto the wall, all at the same time collecting tickets. There was a "spider climber", which is an air filled bounce house version of a slide with an obstacle course in order to get to the actual slide. The obstacle course was actually 6 layers of seat belts folded in an out of one another in an interlacing pattern, connected to the sides by coil springs (like a trampoline) just so they would give a little and spread apart to get a body through. Finally after a difficult attempt to get to the top of 6 layers of hell getting squished in by seat-belts you reach a slide, about 30 ft in the air and sweet success! The slide IS the best part, but the joys of working there, we get to run up the slide and bounce around and not mess with the difficulties of trying to get through the seat-belt jungle.
Well there there is the flyer, the zip line, that people pay about $80 a person to ride just once. Being an employee however, we got to ride daily in order to make sure it works properly. And I loved every crying moment of it (watering eyes from professional aerodynamics) I was the only girl working there (exception a liftee who got fired because she left someone on the chair and shut it down for the day, really smart crowd) so of course I had to be competitive and beat everyone down... it didn't actually work every time. Unfortunately someone did pass away at the end of the season, due to an unfortunate freak accident and a very windy week. the cable of the zip line retrieval system snapped, got whipped up in the wind and wrapped in the shives (wheels, but thanks dad for the technical word, I sound so much smarter) of the chairlift about 50ish (I'm not good with distance) yards away, there was only that one couple on the chair, newly weds, and they suffered the unfortunate tangle of cords wrapped around them. The man fell to his death and had to be care flighted off of the mountain, the zip line was shut down from there on out, concluding the summer.

I don't remember much else of the summer, except for working a lot. Saw some friends that were home from college like Mackenna and Coral etc... Ali Caffery and her family always stay at the Hyatt in Incline every summer with 2 other families, so I went and saw her! Trine Vik also swung through town with her friend Jordan after their intensive EMT course in Yosemite.

I had to make up my mind whether or not I was going to go back to University of Denver, or not.

No comments: