Monday, November 16, 2009

Oregon

So this last weekend I went to go see Caitlin Moulthrop in Eugene Oregon, where she attends U of O. I left my Bio lab and headed strait to Reno and slept at Jim's house. Then I woke up at 4:30 am to head off the the air port early Friday morning... ehh
Yet again I screwed up in security, my waterbottle (tin, reusable) still had water in it!) doiiii Andrea! So I dumped it out quickly and jumped back in line, and thank god for Reno, and no one ever wants to go there... security wasn't too bad. The flight was fun, Cait picked me up and we had some breakfast. The street was cute and we did a little Christmas shopping!
Then we went shopping, and shopping... oh yea and shopping! Ha ha. Then we drove back to her cute little apartment, where her roommate was to be missing (thank god, I have heard some horror stories) Lovely mexican for dinner and a movie, ya you are jealous of our PJ party!
The next day we toured the school, or should I say that Caitlin gave me a tour. Then we grabbed lunch at trader jo's and took a nap/ showers. Got ready for the football game, they were playing Arizona! So we met up with her family friends for a tailgater, but first we had to walk all the way around the stadium! Ha ha Caitlin was super upset at this point because apparently she had to do the same thing the last game, but in the opposite direction, I just happened to find it funny, which I don't think helped her mood out all that much... teehee!
OK, so the game was SICK! I love football live! And there were really gross hicks sitting in front of us, and it was a bummer but added to the experience. It was chilly out but thankfully we beat the weather and it DID NOT rain! Which was a total surprise because it was supposed to rain the entire freaking weekend! And the weather man was wrong, so thank you Mr. Weather Man!
So everyone there was cold (I was thoroughly prepared with hand warmers to the boot) and at the end of the 4th quarter we headed out to beat the traffic. When we got back we checked the score just to double check and this is how the conversation went:
Cait "Ohhhh mmyyy GODDDDDD!"
Me "Yea what happened?"
Cait "The score was 47-44! We lost!"
Me "Wait whoooahhh what? How?"
Cait "I don't know if I can believe this, I need to check a more reliable source because I am getting a lot of different numbers!"
.......
Me "Find anything"
Cait "Well I don't know... What's a reliable place"
Me "For sports, you mean like ESPN?"
Cait "Oh yea, RIGHT!"

Oh I can't tell you how freaking hard I was laughing! I fell over.... But I guess you had to be there

The next morning we were planning on waking up early and heading to the coast to hang out/ picnic like the cute couple we are, but we opted out of waking up at 7:30. So at 9 am we packed up all my stuff and headed to the bluff for a quick hike which I thought was a fabulous way to start off the morning! Coffee, quick change, and on the road again Play song>
We tried to grab lunch at a place the Cait likes (gluten free-friendly) but they were closed so we ventured across the street to a breakfast nook, super cute and delecious! Then I went back to the airport and thank goodness I was early because security was loonnggggg!
I all of the pictures I took in the last month or so because my memory on my computer is full. I am currently working on trying to solve that problem so cross your fingers for me, and I think that Cait has some saved that she can send me!

Now I have 5 days until London and I am so super duper excited!

No comments: