Monday, November 9, 2009

Refrigerators

I had quite a strange weekend.
It started off with me being sick to my stomach and not going to Calc to take notes... oh well. then I got my act together for some Chem tutoring. I am so glad that I went because I had an "ah ha!" moment. Worked out got Abi from dance, and with Riley we went to go see the god family (Bob, Rosie, Roberta etc...) for some family time. It was good to see all of them, unfortunately Kalie and Brittany had to go to their dad's house for the weekend, so yet again, we didn't get to see them AGAIN!
Ok so we had my favortie cheese enchalatas (which we made with my fake cheese so I could actually enjoy them to the max) and we then watched Nacho Libre, and I think the best part was watching Rosie and Roberta die of laughter! Abi and I were slightly lost, but then again, laughter is contagious so it was just a great movie.
Then we had eggs, hashbrowns and bacon for breakfast. Roberta cut my hair. Dad wouldn't stop nagging me about what my plans were, because I didn't know what my plans were in the first place. So all in all we met up with dad and Analisa in carson so watch the Michael Jackson video which was really good.
I watched the USC Arizona game and then headed to bed, I really wanted to find something to go out and do with my friends, but living in a small town, that can be hard to find sometimes.

OK so then on Saturday I spent the ENTIRE day organizing the Crap in my room. Can I say that I was having an OCD day? I would say yes.
Later in the day I was reheating food in the microwave and it stopped working, along with the refrigerator! Ahh panic attack right?
So I reset all of the breakers and still nothing... Mom was freaking out at me though text messages, which were just making me more angry! So then I took all of the food from the fridge into the garage fridge (which i had to take all the non perishables out first, aka wine beer and soda). Next I took all the meat out of the freezer and put it into a cooler (seeing as how there was no room in the garage freezer). Shortly after Andy Dauscher (handyman neighbor) came to the rescue! He tried all the same things I did. Then we pulled out the fridge unit, and attempted the plug, no success, only sneezes from all the dust. So I did a quick sweep job and we pushed it back. In the end it turned out to be a circuit breaker which wasn't working right (sneakily stuck). OK so I lysoled the bah-jesus out of the fridge, seeing as there was no food in it, and transfered all the food back, lysoled out the garage fridge and put all the previous materials back in. Now onto the freezer. I did the same with the lysol, but with out the bah-jesus bit (because it was still sorta frozen). But I did manage to organize it: red meats, white meats, packaged foods, sweets (so they are harder to reach on the bottom) and in the door was breakfast stuff, vegetables, nuts, and ice-packs/ juice. I was very proud of myself.

BUT THEN....
I tried to reheat something in the microwave again and it stopped working and I was so worried that it was going to cut out the fridge again, it thankfully didn't. Its just time for a new microwave, and hence we are now mircrowave-less.

Wonderful, lesson learned; don't pack so much food into the fridge if you aren't willing to lose it.

And now my mom is FINALLY home from a wedding in Ohio that she went to with JimmyWimmy.

Thanks it, thats all!
--> for now
xoxo

2 comments:

Katie said...

I would have loved to see pictures of you in the middle of this project with your angry face. Haha! Also, a little birdie told me that the fridge and freezer are now adorned with post-it notes?

wabbyk said...

Seriously, we have enough food to last through the winter. Kinda scary actually.. the hoarding of canned goods and frozen meat. Bomb shelter next? And the post-its are pretty funny, shades of myself..